I received a wonderful package in the mail last week when my Mom was visiting. I restrained myself and only opened the packages to make sure that the order was right. I set goals for myself to help me finish my projects. I received my yarn that I had mail ordered and I was right it is softer and brighter than what is available locally. I bravely pushed it back into the bag and set it aside. I have two other fish to fry before I can start on the new yarn. It is calling to me. =0) I have two afghans started the zig zag, chevrony ripple and another diagonal afghan. I am making myself finish both before starting on the new yarn. Mom was visiting so I just spent about 7 days not really creating anything and I think I am refreshed and ready to begin again.
This post was supposed to be about setting goals. So these are my goals for June. I always use bullet points as it helps me realize that these goals aren’t in any certain order. I have a bunch of sewing to do as our oldest son is coming in July and he takes the majority of my www.ChocolateDogStudio.com photographs. I bribed him to come (not that he didn’t want to come anyway.) but I mentioned that I had some work for him and would pay his gas for the trip. It helps if there is a bunch for him to do.
- Finish three afghans
- Start three more
- Sew 50+ cup cozies in new styles
- Sew the 30+ new items I need him to photograph
- Make the new Christmas items….
- Blog more consistently
- Write a business plan
- Take two summery day trips every week
- Make some meals for the freezer for THOSE days when I just really need them
- Help K get her things ready for College….
- Take T for driving practice
- Make the kitchen a better place to be, using things I already have. (It seems small and I really have to work at loving being in there.)
- Make the curtains in the living fit the windows better and the hems the same length (I threw these curtains up when I realized that the bamboo shades are see through at night with the lights on.)
Rather lofty goals aren’t they. I also have some personal ones that I have not added to this list.
- Work through my Bible study that I stopped this Spring.
- Have us sit at the table for dinners 5 nights a week.
- Keep my kitchen and laundry caught up and ready for action.
- Have some friends over for dinner…or coffee or dessert or something.
- Read some books about homeschooling
- Attend the home school curriculum sale this weekend.
- Help with the Youth at church at least 2 times a month.
Wow, I had better stop before I organize the world….lol.
Do you have goals for your summer or do you just let it happen? Can you share two of your goals for June? I would love to know that I am not alone. Summer seems busier than the school year.
Talk to you later,