I seem to be on a roll these days crocheting baby blankets. I started this blue and white one before Christmas and then moved on to this grey one. They are both beautiful but I have to admit that I prefer the blue and white one. I have no idea why, well, it might be because I was using a new pattern with the grey one and had to frog it back 9 rows a couple of times.
I do like the almost houndstooth print of the this grey blanket. I also like that it could work with either a boy baby or a girl baby. This makes it a perfect gift for someone that doesn’t know which gender they are having. They are both crocheted out of soft acrylic yarn and will wash well. You will be able to find them at ChocolatesBabyShop on Friday of this week!
These are also crocheted out of my stash and will make items 16 and 17 for the Use Your Stash Challenge. So I did make progress last week and things are marching on with the challenge. I also spent some time carefully cutting out some quilt projects. I was being careful of my back so I didn’t get much sewing done but I am working on other projects.
I started a new baby blanket yesterday and I have made good progress. I hope to get it finished this week as well. It is in shades of purple. If you are following me on Instagram you have seen that it looks like this.
The colors are a bit off as I took this photo with my cell phone after dark. Which really changes how the colors look.
Talk to you later,
I just flat out missed posting my blocks last week. I had too much to do and too little time. I am almost at that point again. Here I go trying to get back on track.
I need to run and I will talk to you later,
You can see the last set of four blocks here: http://www.chocolatedogstudio.com/2015/01/29/4-blocks-week-sampler-blanket-week-
I have been super productive this week. It has been good to finish up or get so much done on several of my projects. I am pretty happy about following my to do list. I started work on several super hero capes that I am working on for a show this summer. It is on the To do list as it will use up a ton of satin that I bought two or three years ago.
I also finished these little Valentine envelopes that I crocheted for a friend. She has a booth at a craft/antique mall. So, it was a whole sale order for her booth. These are a perfect size for gift cards.
I finished up this shawl/scarf. The colors are wonderful. I am pleased that it is finished as it only lacked about three rows and the red border.
I have added 8 inches to this blanket and will probably finish it up later this week.
I am pleased that it is working up so quickly.
I still need to work on these items as I haven’t gotten to them yet.
- Finish the quilt (there is probably only 2-3 more hours of work.)
- Sew 3 coffee press cozies
- Sew 20 coffee cup sleeves
- sew 3 bibs (already cut just need to be sewn)
- sew up 4 flannel blankets (already cut just need to be sewn)
- sew 10 more paper pieced quilt squares
If I break this list down into easy to accomplish steps. I would rewrite the list like this.
Iron flannel blankets and pin
Iron quilt cottons
- arrange sewing by color thread
- sew items by thread color: blue, white, red, black and pink thread
- cut out capes
cut out quilt cottons
- Press all seams and completed projects for photography
I hope all of this helps. I tend to be easily discouraged by the mountain of work standing in front of me. I am still wishing for some snow. It would be nice to be snowed in for a day or two.
talk to you later,
Another installment of 4 crochet blocks for the crochet sampler afghan! I love these 4 blocks. This bobble block has such a different look to it and was really pretty easy to crochet.
I like the flower center in this one but the block needs blocking terribly as it looks a little wonky.
This one also has a flower in the middle. The petals on this one stand up from the back of the square. The directions on this one was a little difficult for me to understand but with the chart and the written directions I finally figured it out.Here are is week one, week two and week three.
It has been a busy week with some appointments and new projects in the works. I am working on a new sewing pattern for some satin that I bought last year. I have been afraid to branch out in this new direction but fear is just a stupid reason to not try. So, I have been making some prototypes and trying them on the family. I know that I would have thought they are fun when I was a little person and our kids would have loved them when they were small. So, we will see if they make it to the shop. I am not real thrilled about some of the finishing that is happening and I think that they could be improved before they make it to my shop.
I have also been working on an order for a friend. It is a wholesale order and takes very little time to make so I am pretty sure that these are going to be great additions to my Etsy shop and since I am using up my stash they count to the huge Use Your Stash Challenge that I started in January. I feel that I have been slacking off but the days are filled to overflowing and I have finished quite a few large time commitment projects.
Talk to you later,