Here we are another Monday. I am running a goal check. This helps keep me on track and remind me that I AM reaching those goals and actually doing something!
three two afghans (I have two left to finish this goal. Currently I have three afghans started….
The zig zag chevron stripe is finished. The one on top is started….and I have a granny striped started in my new yarns, and a sampler granny square afghan started.
- Start three more afghans
- Sew 50+ cup cozies in new styles ( I prepare for the holiday buying season in advance, because I also home school.)
- Sew the 30+ new items I need him to photograph
- Make the new Christmas items….
- Blog more consistently (I have been writing ahead and found my blog planning pages…)
- Write a business plan
- Take two summery day trips every week
- Make some meals for the freezer for THOSE days when I just really need them (one lasagna down…)
- Help K get her things ready for College…. (two major things marked off our list.)
- Take T for driving practice
- Exercise (walked and/or exercised three times last week. YAY!)
- Make the kitchen a better place to be, using things I already have. (It seems small and I really have to work at loving being in there.)
- Make the curtains in the living room fit the windows better and the hems the same length (I put these curtains up super quick when I realized that the bamboo shades are see through at night with the lights on.)
Rather lofty goals aren’t they. I also have some personal ones that I have not added to this list.
- Work through my Bible study that I stopped this Spring.
- Have us sit at the table for dinners 5 nights a week. (Totally missed out on this one this past week, but we have another week ahead of us!)
- Keep my kitchen and laundry caught up and ready for action. ( Frankly, got clothes washed but not folded or put away. Laundry is my most hated chore. It is never finished)
- Have some friends over for dinner…or coffee or dessert or something.
- Read some books about homeschooling
Attend the home school curriculum sale this weekend. (Totally missed out on this. Now, I need to find inspiration in another place…)
- Help with the Youth at church at least 2 times a month.
Well, those are my rather lofty goals. I hope that things get better and I get more organized at meeting my goals.
Things I/we accomplished that weren’t on my list of things to do!
I started cleaning and organizing my studio areas.We also moved the furniture around in this area and I need to finish organizing, pitching or donating items. I have a lot of boxes left to go through but we are happy with the new arrangement of the room and how it is starting to come together. I re-opened my Amazon.com shop by listing more books for sale. We did a quick check up on our budget and re-affirmed our money goals. I sat down with our calendar and checked dates and times of appointments as we missed some important things last week.
Talk to you later,
Hi, all I must apologize for not writing anything sooner. I have not been feeling well and there was a bunch of things that fell by the wayside and this blog was one of them.
I lost about a week to migraines. I am doing much better now and I will say this. I am thrilled that I made all of the freezer meals, what a great help it was to have some dinners completed. It has been working out great and the meals are good too! The only problem has been quantity, it appears that we are eating every bit of it. There is not anything left over for lunches. This is a good problem to have.
See you all later!
As part of my efforts to organize and streamline my house and life. My mother and I are planning a freezer cooking session for next Friday. It should be a good thing for the both of us. My recipes are for six servings and she only needs one or two servings. Often at our house we only have 4 or five eating dinner as the older kids have work and activities. Do they eat the good home cooked dinner when they get home? No, they often eat at work. This plan should work as we will add up the receipts and then divide by six so we know the cost per person.
I used to cook freezer meals all the time when the kids were little. It sure cut down on the pre-prep mess and saved a ton of time. I don’t need to have freezer meals all of the time just two to three meals a week. We enjoy cooking so the other meals aren’t going to be a problem. Just the times when we all leave at 7 and don’t get home until 5 and head out again at 6 or 7. That is currently about three days a week. So this will help Mom and I have hot nutritious food when we don’t feel like cooking. It is a huge peace of mind thing! lol
Our recipes and shopping list are from the http://www.saving dinner.com website. I am not clear headed enough to plan menus, make the enormous shopping list and then head to the store and do the shopping to cook the next day. I have done the meal planning, menu writing, recipe hunting, grocery shopping, and grocery list making for 30 freezer meals in one cooking session for the month in the past. I know my time limitations and that will not be happening this time.
We bought the 20 meal plan so we will have a variety to pick from. As one of the kids has food allergies we will drop all the recipes that have tree nuts and fish unless it is salmon or tuna or we will make substitutions.
I will e-mail mom the recipe names and quantities of some ingredients so she can chop veggies and get a few of the items at her country grocery store. I will get the rest the day before while the kids are in classes. I think that this is going to work well it will give us twenty freezer meals for about three a week for 5-6 weeks. A huge time and budget saver for the both of us. Stay tuned so you can see how this works out!
Here are a couple of websites for you to try for yourself!
talk to you later,
Do you cook and put meals in the freezer for meals later in the week or month? How many do you prepare at a time?
I am just curious!