I have mentioned these pillow cases that I found at an estate sale. They are larger than usual and I think I will use them as pillow shams. They still have the directions on one of them. It called for several different colors but I am going to work these like Redwork and use only red embroidery floss. I won’t have to change colors that way and it will get done more quickly. I chose a garnet color that will work well with the items in our bedroom.
It is stained but I hate to wash it yet. I am afraid that the blue stamped design will wash out before I get a chance to stitch it.
I bought the embroidery thread at our neighborhood Michael’s store and also found these beautiful recipe cards at the same time.
They fit together for this photo perfectly. I have a plan for the recipe cards so we will see how quickly I get that one together. Here is a history of Redwork if you are interested in it. https://redworkplus.com/dynamic/?page=3
They will also need a pretty crocheted lace at the edges. I will have to dust off my tiny crochet hooks as I don’t often crochet with thread that dainty.
Whew, I am so glad that I get to post this Ta dah! I loved the feel of the 100% cotton yarn.It was a fun custom order for my Etsy shop: ChocolateDogStudio and it has gorgeous colors in it. I can’t wait to ship it off this afternoon to it’s new home in Texas. Here are all the lovely photos. I am sure you remember it in its beginning stages.
I have not crocheted a 100% cotton blanket before. It was a bit of a challenge as cotton has that ability to grow or shrink depending on the humidity. Here it is:
It has the beautiful blue as a simple border to finish off the edges.
I am sure that you never have this problem. ;0) Right!
Ok, well, I have to share about all the things I have started so I can start marking some off of my list. It has been awhile.
1. embroidery projects….
2 table runners given to me to finish by my Mom They are about 1/2 finished and require brain power. I can’t do this work on auto pilot. 1 is green and 1 is white
Three Two vintage pillow cases that need embroidery that I bought this weekend. They are gloriously smooth and soft. A little yellowed but washing should take care of that. They are in brand new never used condition. I finished one pillow case and then found out that I want to do the others in redwork and need about 10 skeins of the same red embroidery thread.
1 candlewicking pillow or wall hanging kit that I bought in a moment of weakness to go with a candlewicking kit that I completed 25 years ago. (yeah, right what was I thinking…)
5 heart quilt top squares that I would then stitch into a quilt or make into throw pillows.
2. Frogging to do
1 blue/turquoise sweater 1/2 done…
1 tan sweater vest
1 other sweater
1 black stripe sweater Claimed by a daughter…so there is no need to frog it.
1 blue sweater vest
2 baby bibs that were top stitched on a bad day. Got that done today… 3/28/2013
3. crocheting to do
1 cotton blanket waiting on the yarn. Completed 3/29/2013
1 custom order to do waiting on the yarn
1 chunky granny square blanket
crochet one stripey baby blanket
crochet one granny square baby blanket
put the crochet trim on two baby flannel blankets
Crochet one scarf out of blue cotton yarn
4. sewing to do
repair one shirt Completed! 3/29/2013
hem two skirts
hem 1 pr of pants
hand sew one pillow shut Completed 3/29/2013
make a quilt… (I really want to but haven’t bought any fabric or planned it at all.)
finish up about six coat hangers
make a purse for summer for me. (I have a pattern that I want to conquer!) It has been hard to sew this pattern but just because I haven’t followed the instructions)